Hive >> mail # user >> Mapping existing HBase table with many columns to Hive.

Re: Mapping existing HBase table with many columns to Hive.
The data type corresponds to the type of data that the qualifiers holds and
not the data type of the qualifier. So, with the above query, for the
column value map<string,string>, the type is map<string,string> which means
that your qualifiers mapped to keys are of type "string" and underlying
values of type "string". The patch will just allow hive to read data which
is stored under a binary qualifier like you have and once the mapping is
done, treat the binary qualifier as a "string" as well since that is the
only type hive allows for map keys.

Hope that helps.

--
Swarnim