Hadoop >> mail # user >> [help]how to stop HDFS

Re: [help]how to stop HDFS
On 30/11/11 04:29, Nitin Khandelwal wrote:
> Thanks,
> I missed the "sbin" directory, was using the normal bin directory.
> Thanks,
> Nitin
>
> On 30 November 2011 09:54, Harsh J<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>
>> Like I wrote earlier, its in the $HADOOP_HOME/sbin directory. Not the
>> regular bin/ directory.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Nitin Khandelwal
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>> I am using Hadoop 0.23.0
>>> There is no hadoop-daemon.sh in bin directory..
I found the 0.23 scripts to be hard to set up, and get working

I'd like to see what Bigtop will offer in this area, as their test
process will involve installing onto system images and walking through
the scripts. the basic hadoop tars assume your system is well configured
and you know how to do this -and debug problems