Hadoop >> mail # user >> Am i crazy? - question about hadoop streaming

Am i crazy? - question about hadoop streaming
Hi,

I am using the latest Cloudera distribution, and with that I am able to use
the latest Hadoop API, which I believe is 0.21, for such things as

import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Reducer;

So I am using mapreduce, not mapred, and everything works fine.

However, in a small streaming job, trying it out with Java classes first, I
get this error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: class mypackage.Map
not org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Mapper -- which it really is not, it is a
mapreduce.Mapper.

So it seems that Cloudera backports some of the advances but for streaming
it is still the old API.

So it is me or the world?

Thank you,
Mark