Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Storing znode on disks

+
Abhishek .E.S 2013-03-14, 16:49
Re: Storing znode on disks
>> For me, latency is acceptable but I require the znodes to be on  disk.

Why would you need to do that?

ZooKeeper stores the dataTree in memory, but it performs periodic snapshots
to disk, besides sync-ing a commit log also to disk, so that a node can
recover in case of failures. If you are asking to store znodes *only* in
disk then the answer is no (afaik!).

Last but not least, you should be aware that znodes are not intended to
store large quantities of data, it's not mean to be a database, but a
coordination system.

Edward

--
*"Matar um Leão por dia é fácil. O difícil é desviar das antas.", anônimo*
+