Hadoop >> mail # user >> RandomAccessFile with HDFS

Re: RandomAccessFile with HDFS
Or maybe more pessimistically, the second "stable" append implementation.

It's not like HADOOP-1700 wasn't intended to work. It was just found not to
after the fact. Hopefully this reimplementation will succeed. If you're
running a cluster that contains mission-critical data that cannot tolerate
corruption or loss, you shouldn't jump on the new-feature bandwagon until
it's had time to prove itself in the wild.

But yes, we hope that appends will really-truly work in 0.21.
Experimental/R&D projects should be able to plan on having a working append
function in 0.21.

- Aaron