HBase >> mail # user >> Evenly splitting the table

Re: Evenly splitting the table
Hi,

HBase cannot deduce the row key structure, thus cannot pre split the table
unless it knows the basic format for the row keys.

<shameless_self_plug> you can look at the blog post about splits here:
http://hortonworks.com/blog/apache-hbase-region-splitting-and-merging/</shameless_self_plug>