Hive >> mail # dev >> Cascading in Hive

Cascading in Hive
Guys,

It looks like that we've to rewrite some JDO calls to implement cascading.I was trying to do that by patching the jdo and tried a few different approaches, but without any success. Which is logical, because the inserts into the DB are coming from the java classes, and these classes has to deliver the relationships between the inserted data into hive's metastore.

http://www.datanucleus.org/products/datanucleus/jdo/orm/cascading.html
http://www.datanucleus.org/products/accessplatform_3_1/jpa/fields_properties.html

Thoughts?

Thanks,