Hadoop >> mail # user >> Setting Configuration for local file:///

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-07, 19:40
+
Harsh J 2012-08-07, 19:50
Re: Setting Configuration for local file:///
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is GeoLookupConfigRunner and how do you utilize the setConf(conf)
> object within it?
Thanks for the pointer I wasn't setting my JobConf object with the conf
that I passed. Just one more related question, if I use JobConf conf = new
JobConf(getConf()) and I don't pass in any configuration then does the data
from xml files in the path used? I want this to work for all the scenarios.

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I am trying to write a test on local file system but this test keeps
> taking
> > xml files in the path even though I am setting a different Configuration
> > object. Is there a way for me to override it? I thought the way I am
> doing
> > overwrites the configuration but doesn't seem to be working:
> >
> >  @Test
> >  public void testOnLocalFS() throws Exception{
> >   Configuration conf = new Configuration();
> >   conf.set("fs.default.name", "file:///");
> >   conf.set("mapred.job.tracker", "local");
> >   Path input = new Path("geoinput/geo.dat");
> >   Path output = new Path("geooutput/");
> >   FileSystem fs = FileSystem.getLocal(conf);
> >   fs.delete(output, true);
> >
> >   log.info("Here");
> >   GeoLookupConfigRunner configRunner = new GeoLookupConfigRunner();
> >   configRunner.setConf(conf);
> >   int exitCode = configRunner.run(new String[]{input.toString(),
> > output.toString()});
> >   Assert.assertEquals(exitCode, 0);
> >  }
>

> --