Avro >> mail # user >> JSon representation of avro enum : not a string?

JSon representation of avro enum : not a string?
Hi,

I am using to 1.4.0 version of avro (not by choice) and tried a toString()
on a GenericRecord containing somewhere a GenericEnumSymbol. My problem is
that this instance is not represented as a string in JSON but by its name
itself. As a consequence it does not produce a valid json as far as I know.
Is it the excepted behaviour? Is that because I am using an old version of
avro? Or is it that the toString() representation is not meant to be the
same as the JSON representation?

Thanks in advance

Bertrand