Drill >> mail # dev >> We need patches instead of Pull Requests...

Re: We need patches instead of Pull Requests...
On Feb 24, 2013, at 7:54 PM, Jacques Nadeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We need to switch to using patches rather than pull requests.  Since GitHub
> is a read only mirror of Apache's Git repo and we can't close the requests
> there (as far as I understand), we need to move away from using pull
> requests.  (The only time we "closed" requests is when we took the commits
> as is rather than doing anything such as rebasing; in those cases GitHub
> detected the ff merge.)  You can see [1] for more information.
>
> So, from now on, please provide patches attached to your JIRAs.  We also
> have reviewboard enabled now at [2].  For larger patches, we should
> probably use that.

But is it OK for me to put the URL of a github patch into the jira case? (Each github pull request is available as a patch, see e.g. https://github.com/apache/incubator-drill/pull/9.patch.) I would think so. This is the easiest way for me, as a non-committing developer, to submit code, and I don't think it makes your life more difficult.

Julian