From: Kartashov, Andy
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 3:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: cluster set-up / a few quick questions - SOLVED

Hadoopers,

The problem was in EC2 security.  While I could passwordlessly ssh into another node and back I could not telnet to it due to EC2 firewall.  Needed to open ports for the NN and JT.  :)

Now I can see 2  DNs running "hadoop fsck "  and can also -ls into NN from the slave. Sweet!!!

Is this possible to balance data over DNs without copying them with  hadoop -put command? I read about bin/start-balancer.sh somewhere but cannot find it on my current hadoop installation.
Besides, is balancing data over DN going to improve perfomance of MR job?

Cheers,
Happy Hadooping.