Hadoop >> mail # user >> how to get the time of a hadoop cluster, v0.20.2

+
Jane Wayne 2013-05-14, 14:41
+
Niels Basjes 2013-05-14, 15:38
+
Jane Wayne 2013-05-14, 15:46
+
Niels Basjes 2013-05-14, 21:09
Re: how to get the time of a hadoop cluster, v0.20.2
yes, but that gets the current time on the server, not the hadoop cluster.
i need to be able to probe the date/time of the hadoop cluster.
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Niels Basjes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I made a typo. I meant API (instead of SPI).
>
> Have a look at this for more information:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/833768/java-code-for-getting-current-time
>

> If you have a client that is not under NTP then that should be the way to
> fix your issue.
> Once you  have that getting the current time is easy.
>
> Niels Basjes
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Jane Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > niels,
> >
> > i'm not familiar with the native java spi. spi = service provider
> > interface? could you let me know if this spi is part of the hadoop
> > api? if so, which package/class?
> >
> > but yes, all nodes on the cluster are using NTP to synchronize time.
> > however, the server (which is not a part of the hadoop cluster)
> > accessing/interfacing with the hadoop cluster cannot be assumed to be
> > using NTP. will this still make a difference? and actually, this is
> > the primary reason why i need to get the date/time of the hadoop
> > cluster (need to check if the date/time of the hadooop cluster is in
> > sync with the server).
> >

> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Niels Basjes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > If you have all nodes using NTP then you can simply use the native Java
> > SPI
> > > to get the current system time.

> > > --
> > > Best regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
> > >
> > > Niels Basjes

> Niels Basjes

+
Niels Basjes 2013-05-16, 15:34