Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: so the master just died... now what?

Re: so the master just died... now what?
Keep in mind that there are 2 flavors of Hadoop: the older one without HA
and the  new one with it. Anyway, have you seen the following?

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/NameNodeFailover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln1GMkQvP9w
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.3.0/bk_hdp1-system-admin-guide/content/sysadminguides_ha_chap2_5_5.html

Regards,