Accumulo, mail # dev - GSOC Idea - Accumulo Control Panel

+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 14:29
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-12, 14:37
+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 15:47
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-12, 18:25
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-12, 18:48
+
John Vines 2013-04-12, 18:35
+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 19:43
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-12, 21:58
Re: GSOC Idea - Accumulo Control Panel
Josh Elser 2013-04-13, 02:01
Andres,

Looks good. Glad to see a lot of good ideas here already. I have a
couple of refinements if you don't mind.

3. Have the ability to schedule /graceful/ restart of Accumulo...

It would be really cool to have the option of bringing down an entire
cluster or do a rolling-restart (iteratively bring down a node, let
things quiesce, then restart that node) to try to ensure 100%
availability. Accumulo handles most of this for you -- it's more a
matter of waiting for any unhosted tablets to be re-assigned after a
tabletserver is stopped.

4. Push Accumulo code ...

With 1.5 releases, there's a VFS classloader built in which allows for
various types of file systems to be used to load files onto the
classpath. The most interesting of which probably include HDFS, HTTP(S),
and (S)FTP. It would be neat to support not only loading classes from
the local filesystem but also by a variety of other means.

6. Gather system and/or application metrics..

Just be aware that this is a very open-ended subject and, most likely,
could be a full GSOC task on its own. You probably want to think about
what might be best for Accumulo (starting with what the monitor and
master already supply) and how best you can integrate with Ambari.

Again, overall, sounds awesome. I look forward to working with you.

+
Andres Danter 2013-04-13, 16:15
+
David Schlosnagle 2013-04-13, 17:44