Flume, mail # user - Log4J Appender in Flume

Log4J Appender in Flume
Connor Woodson 2013-01-18, 19:13
I just ran into an unfortunate configuration issue; I want to use flume's
log4j appender as part of the agent itself in order to send error logs to a
monitoring system. However, when that system is down (which it should be
able to be without causing issues), the RPCClient (even though it's in a
Failover Sink) throws an error/warning that it can't connect to the system,
and then that error gets routed recursively back into the appender and so
forth...

Is there any way to make this system work (using the log4j appender on
error messages), or if not any recommendations on how to track my error
logs?

Thanks,

- Connor
+