Avro, mail # user - Could specific records implement the generic API as well?

+
Christophe Taton 2013-04-15, 18:23
+
Doug Cutting 2013-04-15, 20:08
+
Scott Carey 2013-04-15, 19:46
+
Christophe Taton 2013-04-15, 21:21
+
Doug Cutting 2013-04-15, 22:43
Re: Could specific records implement the generic API as well?
Christophe Taton 2013-04-18, 20:18
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think GenericRecordBuilder could be used to build specific records
> with a few additional changes:
>  - change the type of the 'record' field from GenericData.Record to
> GenericRecord.
>  - replace the call to 'new GenericData.Record()' to
> '(GenericRecord)data().newRecord(null, schema())'
>  - add a constructor that accepts a GenericData instance, instead of
> calling GenericData.get().
>
> Then you could use new GenericRecordBuilder(SpecificData.get(),
> schema) to create specific records.

Symmetrically, do you think it's possible to have SpecificRecord builders
extend GenericRecordBuilder?

C.
+
Doug Cutting 2013-04-22, 20:19