HBase, mail # user - Secure HBase upon Replication

Re: Secure HBase upon Replication
Asaf Mesika 2013-05-09, 09:36
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>Does enabling security in HBase entails using the latest hbase security
> >>branch?
> Which branch are you using?  Once you enable security the security feature
> on that branch starts working.

If security is a feature, why HBase are releasing two version each time.
For instance 0.94.7 and 0.94.7-security?
> >>3. Suppose the only requirement I have is securing the RPC in between
> >>Master and Slave sites, do I must have Secure HDFS and secure ZooKeeper?
> Security if enabled will apply to HDFS and Zookeeper also.  I don't think
> you can only enable for HBase alone.

Thus I need to have special versions of HDFS and ZooKeeper as well, or
security is already baked in as a feature in Hadoop 1.0.4 (for example) ?