Hadoop, mail # general - Streamlining the Hadoop release process

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-25, 03:17
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-25, 15:44
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-25, 22:41
+
Robert Evans 2013-04-25, 15:28
Re: Streamlining the Hadoop release process
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-25, 15:48
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> (Putting on my Yahoo! hat now) we at Yahoo! are still
> trying to figure out the exact time frame as to when and how we can move
> off of 0.23 and on to 2.0. I don't know if we are going to be supporting
> 0.23 beyond critical bug fixes nor really for how long we would be doing
> that.  It will probably be for the next 6 months or so, but I really don't
> know.  It depends on how fast 2.0 becomes stable.

Robert, on that note -- would you be willing to put the stake in the ground
wearing your Yahoo! hat as to what the criteria for 2.X becoming beta
means for you guys?

Just as Cos pointed out in the other thread -- we have to get DevOps
guys to express their agenda and criteria and I guess you're the closest
to the DevOps at Yahoo!.

Thanks,
Roman.
+