Bigtop, mail # user - Why does test-artifacts have a "failsafe" integration test goal?

Why does test-artifacts have a "failsafe" integration test goal?
Jay Vyas 2013-10-08, 17:05
Hi again bigtop !

Looking in the pom for test-artifacts, there is the following plugin:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.7.1</version>
        <configuration>
          <includes>
            <include>**/Test*</include>
          </includes>

<workingDirectory>${project.build.directory}/test-classes</workingDirectory>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>integration-test</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>integration-test</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
          <execution>
            <id>verify</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>verify</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Seems odd to me:  Shouldnt this plugin only be in test-execution?
Certainly the artifact goals are to build the jars for the smoke execution,
not to run the integration tests ... !

Maybe im missing something :)  if so let me know!

Thanks !

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com