Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Authorization and Views

+
John Omernik 2013-05-04, 13:31
+
John Omernik 2013-05-16, 20:42
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-05-16, 21:05
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-16, 21:19
Re: Hive Authorization and Views
Edward - I agree that hive and rdbms are different animals, so in looking
at that current work around hive authorization, I  get that the user would
still have access to the underlying file system.  We have to assume that
permissions are only enforced from a metadata perspective.  But given that
it's high on the list of questions around hive in enterprise adoption of
any data warehousing solution, it may provide enough of a control to pass
audit requirements if views could be used as the control. User can access
data directly (outside of hive) however in hive users can't access table
directly, but can access the view.   Need to think it through some more,
even in a RBDMS, sometimes certain users would be able to access the files
of the data store (administrators etc) but be controlled from a perspective
of accessing the data through the rdbms.   Great discussion, I love stuff
like this, Hive is awesome its community discussion that makes it kick ass
(excuse the language) :)