Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Listing the znodes efficiently

Re: Listing the znodes efficiently
Another approach to improve the performance:
For example creating znode to represent something "/abc001"
Compute hash and index of the slot for the resource name using HashMap like hash() and indexFor() methods. So if the slot size is 10 this could result in a number between 0 and 9. Assume we get 4 for this path.
Create znode /4/abc001
So the nodes gets distributed like in a HashMap.
For listing:
Do a getChildren() on /0 and /1 and so on to bring back the desired results.