HBase >> mail # dev >> Describing your patches, writing release notes, a year later

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-10, 23:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-10, 23:43
Re: Describing your patches, writing release notes, a year later
Hi Ted,

I will log a JIRA with an empty description if it is a subtask and the
title makes it obvious. Then comments with status updates. Those JIRAs are
like a to do list. On the other hand for new features I will write up a
detailed description plus a design document. Is there a difference between
those two situations or do you advocate something different for the former?
That's fine, but if so, then what exactly should I do differently? Maybe
like:

    Title: "[Feature] Subtask"

J-D?

I try to exercise good judgement. If you can point out specific examples
that should be done differently in your opinion and what should be done
differently, that would be great.

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)