MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-26, 08:17
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-28, 19:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-28, 21:05
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-02, 00:33
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-06-28, 19:03
For YARN-791, if we can come to consensus on the correct approach, I can
try to have a patch ASAP.

-Sandy
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Hitesh Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Arun,
>
> From a YARN perspective, YARN-791 and YARN-727 are 2 jiras that may
> potentially change the apis. They can implemented in a backward compat
> fashion if committed after 2.1.0. However, this will require adding of
> differently-named apis ( different urls in case of the webservices ) and
> make the current version of the api deprecated and/or obsolete. YARN-818
> which is currently patch available also changes behavior.
>
> Assuming that as soon as 2.1.0 is released, we are to follow a very strict
> backward-compat retaining approach to all user-facing layers  (
> api/webservices/rpc/... ) in common/hdfs/yarn/mapreduce, does it make sense
> to try and pull them in and roll out a new RC after they are ready? Perhaps
> Vinod can chime in if he is aware of any other such jiras under YARN-386
> which should be considered compat-related blockers for a 2.1.0 RC.
>
> thanks
> -- Hitesh
>
> On Jun 26, 2013, at 1:17 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I
> would like to get released.
> >
> > This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community
> (639 fixes) which includes several major advances including:
> > # HDFS Snapshots
> > # Windows support
> > # YARN API stabilization
> > # MapReduce Binary Compatibility with hadoop-1.x
> > # Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the
> ecosystem
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc0/
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Arun
> >
> > --
> > Arun C. Murthy
> > Hortonworks Inc.
> > http://hortonworks.com/

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-03, 18:06
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 19:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 20:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 23:14
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 23:25
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-21, 07:43