Hadoop, mail # user - Map Task Capacity Not Changing

+
Joey Krabacher 2011-12-15, 23:30
+
Raj V 2011-12-15, 23:46
+
Joey Krabacher 2011-12-16, 22:40
Re: Map Task Capacity Not Changing
Rahul Jain 2011-12-16, 23:40
You might be suffering from HADOOP-7822; I'd suggest you verify your pid
files and fix the problem by hand if it is the same issue.

-Rahul

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Joey Krabacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Turns out my tasktrackers(on the datanodes) are not starting properly....
>
> so I guess they are taking some alternate route??
>
> because they are up and running...even though when I run
> stop-mapred.sh it says "data01: no tasktracker to stop"
>
> --Joey
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 5:37 PM, James Warren
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > (moving to mapreduce-user@, bcc'ing common-user@)
> >
> > Hi Joey -
> >
> > You'll want to change the value on all of your servers running
> tasktrackers
> > and then restart each tasktracker to reread the configuration.
> >
> > cheers,
> > -James
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Joey Krabacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> I have looked up how to up this value on the web and have tried all
> >> suggestions to no avail.
> >>
> >> Any help would be great.
> >>
> >> Here is some background:
> >>
> >> Version: 0.20.2, r911707
> >> Compiled: Fri Feb 19 08:07:34 UTC 2010 by chrisdo
> >>
> >> Nodes: 5
> >> Current Map Task Capacity : 10  <--- this is what I want to increase.
> >>
> >> What I have tried :
> >>
> >> Adding
> >>   <property>
> >>    <name>mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum</name>
> >>    <value>8</value>
> >>    <final>true</final>
> >>  </property>
> >> to mapred-site.xml on NameNode.  I also added this to one of the
> >> datanodes for the hell of it and that didn't work either.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

+
Joey Krabacher 2011-12-17, 07:18