MapReduce >> mail # user >> HDFS using SAN

Re: HDFS using SAN
Adding to this. Locality is very important for MapReduce applications. One
might not see much of a difference for small MapReduce jobs running on
direct attached storage vs SAN, but when you cluster grows or you find jobs
which are heavy on IO, you would see quite a bit of difference. One thing
which is obviously is also cost difference. Argument for that has been that
SAN storage is much more reliable so you do not need default of 3 way
replication factor you would do on direct attached storage.

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit