Sqoop, mail # dev - How to compile sqoop

Re: How to compile sqoop
Arvind Prabhakar 2012-12-24, 01:58
Hi Vasanth,

Once you have run mvn eclipse:eclipse successfully, you can import the
projects into eclipse by going to File > Import... > General > Existing
Projects into Workspace > Next. In the next wizard window, click the browse
button next to "Select root directory" and browse to the root of the
workspace from where you have checked out sqoop2. This will populate about
10 projects into your workspace - all of which are different modules within
Sqoop 2 (See the attached screen shot). Click Finish button to get these
projects into the workspace and start working.

Note - if this is the first time you are setting up eclipse for a maven
project, the import will show you class path problems due to missing
variable M2_REPO (Unbound classpath variable: 'M2_REPO/...). To fix this
error, go to Preferences > Java > Build Path > Classpath Variables. Click
on New..., enter name M2_REPO, click on Folder and browse upto the
directory ~/.m2/repository. Click OK and close the preferences dialog. This
will force the rebuild of the workspace and all projects should turn green.

Regards,
Arvind