Hive, mail # user - how does hive find where is MR job tracker

+
Frank Luo 2013-05-28, 16:49
Re: how does hive find where is MR job tracker
bejoy_ks@... 2013-05-28, 17:02
Hive gets the JobTracker from the mapred-site.xml specified within your $HADOOP_HOME/conf.

Is your $HADOOP_HOME/conf/mapred-site.xml on the node that runs hive have the correct value for jobtracker?
 If not changing that to the right one might resolve your issue.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Luo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 16:49:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: how does hive find where is MR job tracker

I have a cloudera cluster, version 4.2.0.

In the hive configuration, I have "MapReduce Service" set to "mapreduce1", which is my MR service.

However, without setting "mapred.job.tracker", whenever I run hive command, it always sends the job to a wrong job tracker. Here is the error:
java.net.ConnectException: Call From hqhd01ed01.pclc0.merkle.local/10.129.2.52 to hqhd01ed01.pclc0.merkle.local:8021 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

And the Cloudera Manager doesn't allow me to manually set "mapred.job.tracker". So my question is how to make Hive point to the right job tracker without setting ""mapred.job.tracker" every time.

PS. Not sure it matters, but I did move the job tracker from machine A to machine B.

Thx!

+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-28, 17:08
+