MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Can I switch the IP/host of NN without losing the filesystem?

Re: Can I switch the IP/host of NN without losing the filesystem?
Robert Molina 2013-01-07, 20:49
Hi James,
This should be fine, but just wanted to add that you will need to also make
the change on your other nodes within the cluster, so they know how to
contact the filesystem.

Regards,
Robert

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Jagat Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes your data is safe.
>

> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Jianhui Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hadoop version: hadoop-0.20.205.0
>>
>> My NN machine has 2 IP addresses and 2 hostnames assigned to them
>> respectively. I have configured "fs.default.name" using one of the
>> hostnames and used the cluster for a while.
>>
>> Now, I may have to move the "fs.default.name" to the other IP/hostname
>> of the same machine. If no other configurations change (such as the
>> directories), can I simply change "fs.default.name" to the new hostname,
>> restart the NN and expect the same filesystem is intact?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James

+
Jianhui Zhang 2013-01-07, 22:30