Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Comparison of kafka and bookkeeper?

Comparison of kafka and bookkeeper?
Hi,

I've just had a look at the kafka slides[1] from January HUG. It seems to me,
that bookkeeper and kafka are quite similar in there problem space. Is that
so? What are notable differences?
(Kafka is written in scala and therefor must be a *lot* cooler :-)

[1] <http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/posts/2011/02/hadoop-user-group-
january-2011-recap/>

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro