Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop demand

Re: Hadoop demand
My guess is it's like back in the days when Linux was considered a 'bad'
option for running a production system and people would freak out when
they found out about it.  It was so new and people were just learning
what it's all about.  Today it's very mainstream but it took people a
while to figure out what to do with it.

Hadoop is very much like Linux back then.  Today people are still
figuring out what to do with it and how to solve their big data
problems.  I think many people are training internally to figure it out
aswell.  That's what we did :-)

Thanks