HBase, mail # user - migrating hbase table from one cluster to another

+
Rita 2012-11-17, 14:31
+
yuzhihong@... 2012-11-17, 14:54
+
Rita 2012-11-17, 16:41
Re: migrating hbase table from one cluster to another
Ted Yu 2012-11-17, 16:47
So the .META. table in your 0.92.1 cluster doesn't have rows for the copied
tables.

Looks like you need:
Allow .META. table to be exported

But it is in 0.94.2 and above.

Cheers

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Rita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do I need to restart the cluster? My 0.92.1 already has several hbase
> tables.
>
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > When you start the new cluster with 0.92.1, hbase would migrate your data
> > to 0.92 format.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > On Nov 17, 2012, at 6:31 AM, Rita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > My old cluster is running 0.90.4 and the new cluster is running 0.92.1
> > >
> > > I managed to copy the data from old cluster to new cluster using
> > >
> > > hadoop distcp -i hftp://oldcluster:50070/hbase/foo.taq /tmp
> > >
> > > I even copied it to the newcluster :/hbase
> > >
> > > I am not sure what I need to do next to have hbase recognize the data
> > >
> > > --
> > > --- Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.--

Ted Yu 2012-11-17, 17:18
+
Rita 2012-11-17, 18:10
+