Accumulo, mail # dev - Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?

Re: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?
dlmarion@... 2013-03-21, 21:11

We can do it with PowerMock, no need to add  Mockito. This should work, going from memory here. I should be able to help when I get back to a computer if you have problems.

  //Mock the method

  PowerMock.mockStatic(System.class, System.class.getMethod("getenv"));

  //Invoke it

  Map<String, String> mockSystemProperties = new HashMap<String, String>();
  mockSystemProperties.put("ACCUMULO_HOME", System.getenv("HOME"));
  EasyMock.expect(System.getenv()).andReturn(mockSystemProperties);

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "accumulo-dev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:59:40 PM
Subject: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?

Is there any reason why I should not add a dependency in start/pom.xml
to powermock-api-mockito? With this library, we can mock the call to
System.getenv() which breaks the tests in AccumuloVFSClassLoaderTest.
The two tests need these four lines of setup in order to pass:

      Map<String, String> mockSystemProperties = new HashMap<String, String>();
      mockSystemProperties.put("ACCUMULO_HOME", System.getenv("HOME"));

      PowerMockito.mockStatic(System.class);
      Mockito.when(System.getenv()).thenReturn(mockSystemProperties);

You'll notice that set ACCUMULO_HOME is set to the value of HOME to
make the test cross-platform.