Avro >> mail # dev >> JsonEncoder issue in 1.5?

+
Bruce Mitchener 2011-02-28, 17:22
+
Doug Cutting 2011-02-28, 17:32
Re: JsonEncoder issue in 1.5?
Thanks, that solves that. I didn't find that because I was searching for
Json and JsonEncoder.  Also, despite the constructor being public and not
actually being usable, there's no notice in the Javadoc comments about how
to properly construct things...

 - Bruce

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> This sounds like the incompatible change of AVRO-753:
>

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/avro/trunk/CHANGES.txt?r1=1074364&r2=1074363&pathrev=1074364
>
> Doug
>
> On 02/28/2011 09:22 AM, Bruce Mitchener wrote:
> > Hopefully this is just some stupidity on my part, but ...
> >
> > I'm doing a test upgrade of Flume from Avro 1.4 to the rc0 of 1.5.0 to
> make
> > sure everything works ... After putting the new jars in place and fixing
> > errors due to classes moving around some, I end up with these 2 errors:
> >
> >     [javac]
> >
> /Users/bruce/Development/flume/src/java/com/cloudera/flume/handlers/avro/AvroJsonOutputFormat.java:61:
> > cannot find symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : constructor
> > JsonEncoder(org.apache.avro.Schema,java.io.OutputStream)
> >     [javac] location: class org.apache.avro.io.JsonEncoder
> >     [javac]       json = new JsonEncoder(schema, o);
> >     [javac]              ^
> >     [javac]
> >
> /Users/bruce/Development/flume/src/java/com/cloudera/flume/handlers/avro/AvroJsonOutputFormat.java:67:
> > cannot find symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : method init(java.io.OutputStream)
> >     [javac] location: class org.apache.avro.io.JsonEncoder
> >     [javac]       json.init(o);
> >     [javac]           ^
> >
> > I can't see where I'm doing anything wrong and this code works with 1.4.
> >
> > I also updated the Jackson jars to be the same as what Avro is using and
> > I've done 'ant clean'...
> >
> > Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?
> >
> >  - Bruce

+
Scott Carey 2011-02-28, 18:17
+