Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Roman, the 1.0.0-rc2 is built from branch-1.0@1211738, which contains
> c1207581.

Thanks. This is useful to know. Wish I had that info earlier :-(

> Is the problem consistently reproducible in 1.0.0-rc2?  Perhaps you're
> seeing  some intermittent behavior?

Well, when I tried to reproduce it (and couldn't) I was running a
pseudo-distributed
setup on my latop. When I see the problem -- it is on a fully
distributed cluster
running off of Bigtop Jenkins:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/RCs/job/Bigtop-rc-smoketest/
This *may* have something to do with it.

Anyway, now that we have the patch that actually fixes the issue 100%, the
real question is -- whether we should apply it to RC.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. In the future I'll try to reproduce everything over @Bigtop jenkins so that
at least we have a "paper trail" of things. Running tests over there is
pretty cheap.