Avro >> mail # user >> How should I migrate 1.4 code to avro 1.5?

Re: How should I migrate 1.4 code to avro 1.5?
Some comments:

You should check in the *.avdl or *.avsc file that describes your MyPair
schema instead of the generated code.  Maven can be used to generate the
Java class using the avro-maven-plugin.

For example, add:
<plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.avro</groupId>
        <artifactId>avro-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.5.3</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>schemas</id>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>schema</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <sourceDirectory>src/main/avro</sourceDirectory>

<outputDirectory>target/generated-sources/avro</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

To your pom to compile *.avsc files from src/main/avro  into
target/generated-sources/avro.

For more help on this, add the plugin above to your pom, and type:

'mvn avro:help'  for basic documentation, or 'mvn avro:help ­Ddetail=true'
for full documentation on the maven plugin.

Some IDE's are a little picky with this (especially Eclipse, and moreso with
recent versions) and you may need to manually generate the source from
command line or in the IDE  ('mvn generate-sources');

-Scott