Pig >> mail # user >> pig in local mode

pig in local mode
Hi there,

I've got a bunch of pig scripts that produce some output that I would like to assert based on some known good data.  I've found that running the scripts in local mode (via bash scripts) on my local box is quite fast.  Would this be a good testing mechanism or should I be running only under mapred mode?