HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase cluster for serving real time site traffic

Re: Hbase cluster for serving real time site traffic
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Leonid Fedotov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Varun,
> for HA NameNode you may want to  look at Hortonworks HDP 1.1 release. It
> supported on vSphere and on RedHat HA cluster.
> HDP 1.1 based on Hadoop 1.0.3 and fully certified for production
> environments.
> Do not forget, Hadoop 2.0 is still in alpha testing stage and a can not be
> recommended for production systems.

Hey Leonid:

We try to keep these mailing lists sales pitch free.  Please refrain from
posting commercial pitches like the above.  If we start to slip at all on
this rule, all vendors will think they have license to start dumping the
merits of their wares here and this list will fail to pass my spam filter.
 I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks,
St.Ack