Hadoop >> mail # user >> Transfer archives (or any file) from Mapper to Reducer?

+
biro lehel 2012-05-21, 08:12
+
Harsh J 2012-05-21, 09:02
Re: Transfer archives (or any file) from Mapper to Reducer?
Be careful putting them in HDFS.  It does not scale very well, as the number of file opens will be on the order of Number of Mappers * Number of Reducers.  You can quickly do a denial of service on the namenode if you have a lot of mappers and reducers.

--Bobby Evans