Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4 RC2
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:10
MD5s and SHA1s look good, and so does the GPG signatures.

I saw the following issues:

1) No javadoc jar (should be defined in the "apache-release" profile).
2) Tarball looks like it isn't using gnu tar format. This could cause
problems with long filenames on some systems. You need the following
in your pluginManagement section:
        <plugin>
          <configuration>
            <tarLongFileMode>gnu</tarLongFileMode>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>
(I really don't know why that isn't the default. This might be
addressed with the "apache-release" profile)
3) What's the deal with the #set lines at the top of the file? What do
these do? Are these needed? Because ShellExample.java is missing them.
Is that expected?
4) There appears to be two distinct READMEs. Would it be better to
consolidate them?
5) There appears to be a discrepancy between the LICENSE and NOTICE
files that are in the project and the archetype-resources. I'd expect
them to be the same.
6) I can't see the commit you referenced above, because it hasn't been
pushed. You should push it in another branch, if you don't want to tag
it, so I can compare the source in that commit with the contents of
the tarball, before it's actually tagged as "1.4.4" upon vote success.
7) It looks like the release plugin put in the wrong tag name
("1.4.4-RC2" instead of "1.4.4").
8) I think the attaching sources is redundant, because it's configured
in the parent POM's "apache-release" profile.

Overall, -1, due to the above issues (though they are all minor, they add up).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii