Hadoop >> mail # user >> Question about dfs.block.size setting

Re: Question about dfs.block.size setting
Hi Harsh,

Thanks for your comments, I found "Increasing the number of tasks increases
the framework overhead, but increases load balancing and lowers the cost of
failures." quite useful. But I'm still confued why increase block size for
large jobs will improve performance. And according to the result of my test,
while sorting 2TB data on 30 nodes cluster, increase block size from 64M to
256M would decline performance instead of improving it, could anybody tell
me why this happened?

Any comments on this? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Carp