HBase, mail # user - Coprocessor / threading model

Re: Coprocessor / threading model
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 02:39
> In pre-put, I trigger another Put() in an external table (to build the
secondary index).

We should probably call this a Coprocessor anti-pattern.

Coprocessors are meant to operate on the region to which they are
associated. They are a way you can extend HBase function while it operates
in region on data for the region. Think of them as loadable kernel modules.
They are not a general purpose server side platform for programming as if
you are building a HBase client (with HTable, etc.). Just because you can
do this doesn't mean you should.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy