HBase, mail # user - delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?

+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 12:37
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-21, 15:09
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:20
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-21, 17:27
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 02:10
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 03:53
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-22, 03:56
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 04:36
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-22, 05:01
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 06:50
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 15:24
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:17
+
Kevin Odell 2012-11-21, 15:18
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:37
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-21, 16:18
Re: delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?
Kevin O'dell 2012-11-21, 15:43
I would recommend delete with HLog put, but lets say your writes are
minimal you should only have 32 hours(default) of WAL around at a time
before the they are all flushed from too many HLogs.  So you should not
have week old deletes coming back.  One thought would be to raise your WAL
size but lower the total number WALs kept.  This will retain the same
amount of data but should flush fully quicker.

Can someone thought check the above logic?

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera
+