HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Thrift inserts bottlenecked somewhere -- but where?

+
Dan Crosta 2013-03-01, 12:17
Re: HBase Thrift inserts bottlenecked somewhere -- but where?
Maybe you've the limit of the number of RPC Threads handling your write
requests per Region Server, thus your requests are queued?
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Dan Crosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are using a 6-node HBase cluster with a Thrift Server on each of the
> RegionServer nodes, and trying to evaluate maximum write throughput for our
> use case (which involves many processes sending mutateRowsTs commands).
> Somewhere between about 30 and 40 processes writing into the system we
> cross the threshold where adding additional writers yields only very
> limited returns to throughput, and I'm not sure why. We see that the CPU
> and Disk on the DataNode/RegionServer/ThriftServer machines are not
> saturated, nor is the NIC in those machines. I'm a little unsure where to
> look next.
>
> A little more detail about our deployment:
>
> * CDH 4.1.2
> * DataNode/RegionServer/ThriftServer class: EC2 m1.xlarge
> ** RegionServer: 8GB heap
> ** ThriftServer: 1GB heap
> ** DataNode: 4GB heap
> ** EC2 ephemeral (i.e. local, not EBS) volumes used for HDFS
>
> If there's any other information that I can provide, or any other
> configuration or system settings I should look at, I'd appreciate the
> pointers.
>
> Thanks,
>  - Dan
+