Avro >> mail # dev >> Two questions about GenericArray in the Java implementation

Two questions about GenericArray in the Java implementation
1) Why does size() return a long instead of an int? java.util.List, for
example, returns an int. Not returning an int leads to a lot of lint.
2) Why is there no get(index i) method? I can get an iterator and
continually call next(), but sometimes you want to look up a single element
by index.

My apologies if these are dumb questions; I know very little about Java.

Thanks,
Jeff