Avro >> mail # user >> Avro support for streaming in Python

+
Jeremy Karn 2013-04-09, 14:36
Re: Avro support for streaming in Python
It's only python data file logic that doesn't support reading from a stream.

Look at the python part of the avro RPC quickstart project (it's available
in github, and I point you there only because it's nicely isolated there -
the code is all in the Avro trunk now, I think.

-- Jeremy Kahn (oh, if we're both going to stay on this list, this will be
very confusing...)
On Apr 9, 2013 7:37 AM, "Jeremy Karn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm looking to use Avro to send data back and forth between a Java process
> and a Python process.  I was planning on just streaming the data across
> standard input but it looks like Python doesn't support reading from a
> stream (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-959). Is there a way
> around this or an alternative approach I should take?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Jeremy Karn / Lead Developer
> MORTAR DATA / 519 277 4391 / www.mortardata.com