Accumulo, mail # user - FW: Deletes not commiting from custom java API but work in shell interface

+
Bell, Philip S CIV SPAWAR... 2013-04-10, 22:02
+
John Vines 2013-04-10, 22:06
+
Bell, Philip S CIV SPAWAR... 2013-04-10, 22:09
+
John Vines 2013-04-10, 22:16
+
Bell, Philip S CIV SPAWAR... 2013-04-10, 22:20
+
Bell, Philip S CIV SPAWAR... 2013-04-10, 22:42
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-10, 23:51
Re: FW: Deletes not commiting from custom java API but work in shell interface
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-11, 14:53
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Bell, Philip S CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC,
81320 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have not as of yet implemented any column visibility

You mentioned you haven't used column visibility, while this line of your
code is only considering entries that have a nonempty column visibility.
Are these conditions true for the entries you're trying to delete?
if (colFam.toString().equalsIgnoreCase("root") || colVis.length() > 0)

Billie

> When I first saw the problem, I created a separate table with some very
> generic test data to try out the deletion, and nothing I do from the java
> API seems to actually cause a delete to go through.  I assume if deletes
> work from the shell then the delete iterator is working correctly, hence
> I'm out of ideas.
>
> To add to the fun our test server is under maintenance for now but I can
> hopefully recreate the problem in a VM soon.
>
> I'll work on recreating the dummy data on my VM and see if I still see the
> issue, and also post the dummy data here in case there's some strange thing
> I'm doing.

Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 14:01
+
John Vines 2013-04-11, 14:34