HBase >> mail # user >> Dual Hadoop/HBase configuration through same client

Dual Hadoop/HBase configuration through same client
Hello,

This is a follow-up to my previous post a few days back. I am trying to
connect to 2 different Hadoop clusters' setups through a same client but I
am running into the issue that the config of one overwrites the other.

The scenario is that I want to read data from an HBase table from one
cluster and write it as a file on HDFS on the other. Individually, if I try
to write to them they both work but when I try this through a same Java
client, they fail.

I have tried loading the core-site.xml through addResource method of the
Configuration class but only the first found config file is picked? I have
also tried by renaming the config files and then adding them as a resource
(again through the addResource method).

The situation is compounded by the fact that one cluster is using Kerberos
authentication and the other is not? If the Kerberos server's file is found
first then authentication failures are faced for the other server when
Hadoop tries to find client authentication information. If the 'simple'
cluster's config is loaded first then 'Authentication is Required' error is
encountered against the Kerberos server.

I will gladly provide more information. Is it even possible even if let us
say both servers have same security configuration or none? Any ideas?
Thanks a million.

Regards,
Shahab
+