HBase, mail # dev - ProtoBuf generation?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 22:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-12, 22:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 23:12
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:14
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:27
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:33
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:38
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-13, 16:43
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-13, 20:10
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 20:25
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-01-14, 20:02
Re: ProtoBuf generation?
Stack 2013-01-15, 04:37
My thinking was that its rare someone is messing w/ protobufs so why burden
all builders w/ having to install protoc?
St.Ack
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the idea was to make it easier for the average developer to get
> hbase building without the hassle. The only downside is that we have to
> commit the generated code.
>
> I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7557 as a
> critical.
>
> Enis
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > 012 for lacking it here and there but that would not be the typical
> > experience. I was also bitten by needing a recent en

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-15, 08:46
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-01-15, 09:10