Sqoop >> mail # user >> Connection refused while Job Submission - Sqoop Client API

Re: Connection refused while Job Submission - Sqoop Client API
Manish,

It'll be hard to say what's causing this. First of all... are you sure
Sqoop 2 server dies? A pretty good way to see if it is still running at all
is to follow the guide here:
http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.2/Sqoop5MinutesDemo.html. Or, you can
simply run a "netstat -tlnp" on your machine to see if there is still a
server running on port 12000.

There are plenty of logs Sqoop 2 server generates. Sometimes, the real
error is unfortunately hidden in one of the lesser known logs. The
sqoop.log file is located in @LOGDIR@ and the rest should be in
server/logs/*. Look for catalina.out, catalina.log, localhost-*.log, etc.
There may be an exception in any of these files that lead you in a good
direction.

-Abe