MapReduce, mail # user - Java version with Hadoop 2.0

+
SF Hadoop 2013-10-09, 21:16
+
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2013-10-09, 21:25
Re: Java version with Hadoop 2.0
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2013-10-09, 22:57
Does that mean for the new cluster, we probably try to start to aim to test/use/deploy at java 7?
On Oct 9, 2013, at 3:05 PM, Andre Kelpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:

> also keep in mind, that java 6 no longer gets "public" updates from
> Oracle: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html
>
> - André
>
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM, SF Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I hadn't.  Thank you!!!  Very helpful.
>>
>> Andy
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Patai Sangbutsarakum
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> maybe you've already seen this.
>>>
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions
>>>

>>> On Oct 9, 2013, at 2:16 PM, SF Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am preparing to deploy multiple cluster / distros of Hadoop for testing
>>> / benchmarking.
>>>
>>> In my research I have noticed discrepancies in the version of the JDK that
>>> various groups are using.  Example:  Hortonworks is suggesting JDK6u31, CDH
>>> recommends either 6 or 7 providing you stick to some guidelines for each and
>>> Apache Hadoop seems to be somewhat of a "no mans land"; a lot of people
>>> using a lot of different versions.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any insight they could share about how to approach
>>> choosing the best JDK release?  (I'm a total Java newb, so any info /
>>> further reading you guys can provide is appreciated.)
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> sf
>>>

> --
> André Kelpe